17 September 2009

TENACITY MOST ALWAYS WINS, BY KENNETH JOHNSON

I often get calls and e-mails from people asking me for advices and telling me their frustrating experiences in the film industry, and in the most of the cases I ask myself what to reply.
I’m by nature optimistic and realistic: I’m crazy enough to try with all my strength to do something almost impossible, with all the odds against me, and then I understand that sometimes there’s no way to do it, and you have to change your plans even if on paper it was almost done.
So should I tell them the truth (that is hard, stressful, it never ends and the ones who fail are far more then the ones who succeed), or should I wink and say with a smile “Yeah, go on with it, good job!”?
To answer that, I report below what Kenneth Johnson (creator of the TV series V) told me once:
Bartolo, I think all artists have faced similar frustrations. Many of the greatest directors & writers have faced seeming insurmountable odds and all of us sometimes suffer defeat and rejection despite our very best efforts... but passion and tenacity most always wins eventually.

We're still working hard to get V before the cameras as a movie. On the hardest days, I can still say, hey, I'm not dead yet -- and try another tack.






No comments:

Post a Comment