23 March 2010

HOW TO REACH ACTORS

Unlike their agents, Actors are usually good people.
I guess this is because in their lives they suffered from failures and lack of opportunities, they felt frustrated, have been poor and close to give up, and the most of them know what means to receive an unexpected Yes that changes your life, or at least gives you the strenght and the optimism to continue.

This is why Actors in general are nice and willing to take part on your project if they like it, even if there is little or no money involved.
But how can you reach them?
On the internet it's plenty of sites with the agent's contact details, but they focus just on money: how can you skip the agents?
You know the theory of the 6 steps that separate us from anyone in the World.
What usually people do is thinking on someone they know, that could know someone, that could know someone that could know an Actor.
This is a quiet easy way to reach an Actor (not the best Actor for the role: just an Actor).

But I suggest to do the opposite.
A while ago I was interested in the most famous Italian Actor, and there was no way I could pay for his usual salary.
So I made a research on his life and found out his family came from a small town.
Then I took the phone and started calling all the people with his family name and the one of his mother.
After a while I reached his aunt.
Well, I'm not sure this is completely legal, but you know, The purpose justifies the action...
Movie Industry and Award Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment