24 May 2011

UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTERS AND DIFFICULT DECISIONS IN CANNES

Let's dispell a myth, not all the places where you eat in Cannes are overwhelmingly expensive: you just have to avoid the Croisette.
What really destroys you is the culture of easy money.

Evening. I am waiting to see a friend and I stop by in a creperie, sitting at a table outside.
After a while I finished and don't get away, the Waitress comes with the bill: 5 euros.
I put a 20 on the little plate, she thanks me and goes away.
After a few minutes I start thinking she is taking too much time to bring me the change, and when I take a glance in the shop I see her with her arms crossed, killing the time.

In the meanwhile, at the tables of the next restaurant a sudden buzz of excitement raises and Robert De Niro (this year's Festival President), stands. He starts shaking hands, taking pictures and talking to the people around.

So: leaving the table and reach Robert De Niro before he goes away or get into the creperie and tell the Waitress those 15 euros more weren't my appreciation for their crepe?

I start taking notes for this post, waiting for Robert De Niro to decide for me.

P.S.: The arrow in the picture on the right shows where Robert De Niro was before I thought to take at least a picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment